Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is it a requirement for the couple to be baptised in order to have the wedding ceremony?
A. At least one person must be baptised.

Q. Can we bring our own priest?
A. Yes, as long as the priest is an Anglican priest licensed to celebrate marriages and willing to perform the Book of Common Prayer 1662 liturgy.

Q. Can we have our own form of service?
A. The service has to adhere to the Book of Common Prayer
or A Prayer Book for Australia liturgy and it has to be performed by an Anglican priest who is licensed to celebrate marriages. However, a wedding blessing given by a priest of another denomination at the end of the service may be accommodated.